Dental O So Gentle clinics offer high quality and comprehensive general dentistry services.
All of our treatments will begin with a general consultation and examination, to assess the health of your mouth. While we are a general dentistry clinic, we’re uniquely able to view all general treatments with a cosmetic approach, ensuring that you’re getting the very best of both worlds.
For optimal oral hygiene and health we recommend a professional hygiene appointment and examination every six months. These biannual check-ups usually include:
- A thorough assessment of your teeth, gums and soft tissue.
- A comprehensive cleaning and polishing of your teeth.
- A cosmetic evaluation to provide options for smile enhancement treatment.
- Application of decay preventing agents for long-term teeth health.
- Recommendations of necessary treatment, including fillings/restorations, implants, crowns and root canal treatments.
General Dental Tips
Just about all oral diseases, from periodontitis to gingivitis, are asymptomatic in their early stages. This means that prevention is always more effective than cure. You can help prevent oral diseases by following these simple steps.
- Brush your teeth and floss every day – this will prevent decay, periodontal disease and plaque build-up. It is also advisable to brush after eating sweet foods.
- Fluoride – always use a toothpaste that contains fluoride. If you’re not sure which toothpaste is best, have a chat with your dentist from Dental O So Gentle.
- Avoid smoking – smoking not only causes staining on your teeth, but it can also cause oral diseases.
- Visit the dentist regularly – we recommend that you make a professional hygiene and exam appointment at either our Perth City or Beldon dental clinic twice a year.
We are preferred providers for a majority of Health Funds.
A tooth extraction can be required for a number of reasons, most commonly due to excessive damage, caused by trauma or decay. Tooth extractions are carried out when the tooth is too damaged to be effectively repaired using an alternative treatment.read more
To ensure that your teeth are clean and your dental hygiene is adequate, we suggest that you attend a professional hygiene appointment at Dental O So Gentle every 6 months. By doing so we can ensure that you retain optimal oral health.read more
Root Canal Treatmentmore
Root canal treatment is a treatment for repairing and, ultimately, saving a tooth once the nerve has become irreversibly damaged by decay or a fracture, and is infected.read more
A dental crown is an artificial cap positioned over an existing tooth. They can be made from metal or ceramic materials and can be matched up in shape, size and colour to fit in with your natural teeth. They can be used in both general dentistry and cosmetic treatments to help strengthen a tooth or improve its appearance respectively.read more
Tooth Coloured Restorationsmore
A tooth coloured restoration (filling) is the composite resin used to repair a damaged tooth. If, for example, your dentist needs to treat your cavity, the decayed portion of the tooth will be removed and the area from which that material was taken will have this restorative resin placed in it instead.read more
In addition to general and cosmetic dentistry, Dental O So Gentle’s Perth clinics offer emergency dental treatments. Our dental clinics respond to any and all dental emergencies, with an emphasis being placed on both relieving pain and providing the appropriate treatment.read more